I did a run today around our new neighborhood with mr. mans like the model suburban couple we are now that we live in a single family home. I am back in full gear since our house resembles a home now and I almost know where everything is. We do still have a lot of boxes out because there’s a whole room with no furniture in it…
I would call us house poor but we don’t even own it so I guess we’re just poor poor (still so blessed though).
The run was only 20 minutes, but no music (my husband is an attention whore) and I still did pretty well… obviously I have a long way to go to feel like a real runner but I feel particularly proud because I also did a really good full body circuit before my run courtesy of Skinny Ms. Fitness, where I’ve been getting all of my new circuits lately.
Anyway, let us touch on the more important subject, I have found a new favorite weeknight meal that is quick, healthy, delicious, and doesn’t require many ingredients! I cooked this up in 15 minutes or less and I think the only thing I would change is that I’d marinate the chicken breasts overnight so they’re more juicy. I like my chicken THIN so they cooked up almost too quickly in the broiler.
I also made some angel hair aioli (garlic and olive oil). After boiling the pasta, drain it and add about 2 tbsp of olive oil into the hot pot, and once it’s heated up, mince or shave some garlic cloves (I used two for four servings) for only a minute or two (garlic burns very quickly in hot oil) and toss with the angel hair. Just make sure you cool it down a bit before you put the pasta back in the pot or else you will ruin your fancy $200 over-priced pasta pot that some rich guy bought you in a set for your wedding.
Feta – Topped Chicken from Tablespoon
Makes 4 Servings
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large plum tomato (I used beefsteak because I like them better)
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced fat feta cheese
- Set oven to a high broil. Brush (or have them pre-marinated) both sides of chicken breasts with dressing. Sprinkle both sides with seasonings and place on broiling pan.
- Broil with tops 4 inches from heat for about 10 minutes, turning once, until chicken is no longer pink inside. Top with sliced tomato and cheese. Broil 2 to 3 minutes longer with toppings until slightly browned.
Damage (Including Pasta): 401 Calories/45g Carbs/10g Fat/31g Protein/3g Fiber/