Mamma G does not have a good reputation in the kitchen. Growing up, my father who worked 50+ hours a week cooked for us or we went over to Grandma’s. If neither of those two events occured, we were having breaded chicken cutlets or chicken soup for dinner.
I do have to give it to her, those two things were made from scratch and made well, but still. She’s a mom and it was the running joke of our childhood that we were deprived of delicious home-cookin’. This lady also doesn’t like butter or cheese and prefers to eat yogurt for lunch and salad for dinner…
WHO DID I COME OUT OF?
I was blown off my rocker (ok, I don’t even have a rocker to begin with) when she told me the other day that she’d like to cook for Mr. Mans & I.
I actually have never had a frittata before so I gave her a chance, and SHE DID IT. She made something good without butter or cheese. I think it’s her grandmotherly instincts coming along since she has QUITE a tough act to follow. Omnomnom.
Mamma G’s Asparagus Frittata
Makes appx. 8 slices. You can absolutely add cheese to this- I’d like to try it with Parmesan!
- Olive oil, or sauteing oil of choice
- 3 medium russett potatoes, chopped
- 1 medium white onion, julienned
- 1 bunch of asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 9 large eggs
- Salt & pepper
- Heat olive oil on medium high heat in a 12 inch non-stick pan
- Saute potatoes and onions until they start to soften
- Add asparagus, cook until onions become translucent in color, turn heat to low
- Crack eggs together in a separate bowl, mix together and add into the pan
- Cook covered on low heat until “I have no idea, just until the top looks pretty well done. Just make sure you don’t burn the bottom“
Damage (1 slice): 159 Calories/12g Carbs/9g Fat/8g Protein/3g Fiber