Summer is not the time for comfort food. Comfort food is supposed to be warm, gooey, melt in your mouth fattening goodness, right? Summer is when restaurants bring out the aptly titled seasonal summer salad with strawberries and vinaigrette dressings.
Well hi, I’m still over here making comfort food. I’m still on a never-ending journey to fat kid bliss even though I’m punishing myself by going back to “counting calories”.
Yep, my parent’s visit was that bad. So bad I won’t even step on the scale yet, maybe next week after I have a good week of eating.
But how am I supposed to be good with all this Easter candy and buffalo chicken pizza for dinner?
- 1 lb of pizza dough (I get mine from Publix, it’s delicious)
- A handful of corn starch (to prevent sticking)
- 1/4 cup or so of buffalo sauce*
- 2-4 cloves garlic
- 1.5 cups of chicken, chopped or shredded (I used publix fried chicken tenders, OMG)
- 6.5 oz part skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp ranch dressing (nutrition facts reflect full fat, buttermilk ranch)
- Roll out the pizza dough to desired thickness and sprinkle corn starch over a preheated pizza stone or a cookie sheet
- Grate garlic cloves with a microplane into the buffalo sauce and mix, then spread evenly onto pizza dough
- Place chicken on top of the sauce
- Grate cheese over the entire pizza
- Bake at 450 for 13 minutes, or until crust is crispy
- Drizzle ranch dressing over finished product
*You can make your own buffalo sauce with 1 cup of hot sauce of choice, 2 tbsp butter, and 1-2 cloves of chopped/grated garlic. Mess with the proportions until you have a taste you like
Damage (1 out of 8 slices): 287 Calories/35g Carbs/11g Fat/17g Protein/2g Fiber