I feel fonder than I expected of my new kitchen. While it’s smaller in square footage than my old kitchen and not as cool and trendy, it has AT LEAST twice the storage and many efficient drawers and pull out fixtures that help keep me organized and me being organized = happy and emotionally stable Raychel.
The white appliances don’t even bother me; they’re actually better than my rental’s bottom of the line GE stainless steel crap. The new fridge we were forced to buy doesn’t hurt either- sometimes I open it just to stare into the sparkling clean 25 cubic foot abyss.
It has been too long since I made magic with an oven. So I decided to pick an outrageous recipe to make for my LifeGroup meeting tonight (there are many foodies that will eat everything and conveniently prevent me from consuming every crumb before it is even cut). I made a fantastic decision.
New photo background because I am still in awe of the fact that I have a pool. I KNOW that you want this recipe, so here it is. Make it for someone you need to cheer up, fatten up, impress, entertain, or for JUST YOURSELF this weekend.
Cookie Dough Cheescake Bars
recipe from My Baking Addiction
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter
- 10 oz reduced fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Cookie Dough Layer
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour, sifted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs and sugar in a bowl. Melt the butter and combine with the graham cracker mixture with a spoon. Press the crumb mixture evenly and firmly into the bottom of the baking pan, using the back of the spoon or clean fingers. Bake for 6 minutes. Transfer the pan and cool on a wire rack (keeping the oven on)
- Prepare the chocolate chip cookie dough: Beat the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt and vanilla in a bowl for about a minute until well combined and smooth. Add the flour and mix on low speed until just incorporated. Mix in the chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Prepare cheesecake layer: Beat the cream cheese and sugar in a bowl until smooth and creamy with an electric mixer. Add the egg and vanilla and beat on low speed until just combined. Pour the cheesecake batter into the cooled graham cracker crust. Scoop teaspoon-size clumps of cookie dough and flatten them slightly with your palms. Distribute the clumps of cookie dough evenly over the cheesecake batter
- Bake for 30 minutes until the top of the cookie dough looks dry and the whole pan looks set when given a slight shake. Move the pan to a cooling rack and cool completely. Chill in the fridge for a few hours for easier cutting. Lift the bars out by the overhang and cut into desired sizes.
Damage ( large piece- 1/8th of recipe): 414 calories//38g carbs//25g fat//4g protein//0g fiber//34g sugar